Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

My First Few Days in Dunedin

I have been in Dunedin for 3 days now and I am loving almost everything. It has rained pretty heavily for the past 2 days so that put a little bit of a damper on things but it is super nice out today and that makes everything better.

I registered for classes today through one of the most inefficient systems that I have ever had the displeasure of working with. First we had to obtain printed records of our classes and of course mine got lost so I had to wait a day for them to print it out. Then we had to take our class list to each of the advisers listed on the sheet and get them to sign off on it. Otago helpfully scattered all of the advisers across campus making it impossible to get anything done easily. Then once you had your signatures you went back to the place you started and they re-entered your information into the computer system. It has to be one of the worst ways to complete such an easy task. Anyway, now I'm all registered and will soon get my schedule.

I also got my student ID which is actually really cool looking, I won't put a picture up because it has personal details, but it's got ferns and Maori designs and stuff on it.

I also bought rugby tickets for the game next Saturday, they were 15 NZD which is pretty cheap and the game is between the Highlanders from Otago and the Blues from Auckland. They are like NFL but rugby, so that's exciting!

I'm off to the beach now with some other internationals so that's all for now, pictures when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment